Beekist® The Sandwich Tomato – vine-ripened and flavoursome. With up to 40% more slices and less water, maintaining its shape when sliced and diced, Beekist® The Sandwich Tomato is perfect for sandwiches, burgers & wraps. Once you slice into a Beekist® Sandwich Tomato you will discover a darker, intense red colour and solid meaty center that makes it unlike any other.
Tomato & Stracciatella Focaccia Sandwich
- Focaccia bread, cut into squares (around 15cm) and sliced horizontally
- 1 Beekist® The Sandwich Tomato per sandwich, sliced
- Red wine vinegar
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Basil pesto
- Stracciatella or Burrata, ½ ball per sandwich
- Fresh rocket
- Preheat your oven to 220°C grill. Lay the slices of focaccia on a tray open side up, then once the oven has heated, lightly grill for 2–3 minutes or until lightly golden in colour. Set aside.
- In a bowl, sprinkle the sliced tomatoes with a pinch of salt, then drizzle with olive oil and add a splash of red wine vinegar; around 1tsp per tomato. Leave to marinate for 5 minutes.
- To assemble, spread both the focaccia tops and bottoms generously with pesto. Layer the tomato slices over the bottom piece of focaccia, then place the Stracciatella over the top (or tear the burrata and place).
- Season with salt and pepper, then finish with a handful of rocket. Top with the focaccia lid and serve immediately.