Smoked Tomato Chutney
WHAT YOU NEED
– 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
– 2 large white onions, peeled and chopped into 1cm cubes
– 2 x Beekist® Heritage Tomato Packs
– 1 sliced spring onion
– 1/2 cup of white wine vinegar
– 1/3 cup of caster sugar
– 1 level teaspoon salt
– 4 tablespoons tomato paste
HOW TO MAKE IT
Place the oil, onions and smoked paprika into a large pot and heat on a low temperature. Sweat for around 5 minutes stirring occasionally. Remove the cores from the tomatoes and chop roughly. Add to the pot along with the vinegar, sugar and salt. Bring the ingredients to the boil and reduce to a simmer. Simmer, stirring occasionally until the mixture reduces down to a third of its original volume. Stir in the tomato paste. Bring back to a simmer for 2 minutes while stirring then remove from the heat.
Leave to cool to room temperature. Store in an airtight container in the fridge.